Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Facebook Statuses

We've all seen them, and posted them, Facebook statuses like, "I am wallowing in misery right now" or, "Crying my eyes out, again." These bother me. These blatant pleas for attention, If you need to dig through facebook to find people to commiserate with you then you probably need to get your act together and find real friends that care enough to ask, "How are you?" or, "Are you okay?" Not everyone who does this is guilty in my opinion, I myself posted a few weeks back a status that said something along the lines of "I don't like hospital emergency rooms after I slipped opening a package with my knife, cut my thumb and had to get stitches, but my beef is with people who have these as every status. I have some good friends whose facebook profiles I wince at when I see them because every status might as well be something along the lines of, "HEY!!!! LOOK AT ME!!! PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!!!" If you're one of those people, chill, find some friends who talk to you and care and chill with the pleas for attention.

1 comment: